Zhijun Li Professor, Ph.D.
College of Automation Science and Engineering
South China University of Technology
No. 381, Wushan Road, Tianhe, Guangzhou
- Ph.D. in Mechatronics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, P. R. China (1999 – 2002)
- M. Eng. in Mechanical Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, P. R. China (1996 – 1999)
- B. Eng. in Mechanical Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, P. R. China (1992 – 1996)
- Full Professor, College of Automation Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology (2011.12 – present)
- Visiting Professor, The Faculty Science and Technology, University of Macau (2015.9 – 2015.12)
- Visiting Professor, Department of Advanced Robotics, Italian Institute of Technology (2015.7 – 2015.9)
- Visiting Scholar, Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing (2008.1 – 2008.7)
- Research Fellow, Electronics and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (2005.11 – 2006.12)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent System, The University of Electro-Communications (2003.6 – 2005.11)
|National Distinguished Young Scholar||National Natural Science Foundation of China||2016|
|Best Cognitive Robotics Award||IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics & Mechatronics||2016|
|Best Paper Award||The 8th International Conference on Intelligent Robotics & Applications||2015|
|Best Conference Paper Award||IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation||2015|
|Best Student Paper Award||IEEE Cyber 2015||2015|
|Steve and Rosalind Hsia Best Biomedical Paper Award||The 11th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation||2014|
|T. J. Tarn Best Student Paper Award||The 11th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation||2014|
|Best Conference Paper Award||The 2012 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation||2012|
|New Century Talents Award||Chinese Ministry of Education||2012|
|Shanghai Pujiang Talents Award||Shanghai Science and Technology Committee||2008|
- Founder & Co-Chair, IEEE Technical Committee on Bio-mechatronics and Bio-robotics Systems, IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society
- Founder & Co-Chair, IEEE Techinical Committee on Neuro-Robotics Systems, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Member, Technical Committee on Control Theory, Chinese Automation Society
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (2016–present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Neural Network and Learning Systems (2015-present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on System, Man and Cybernetics: Systems (2015-present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Development Systems (2017.6-present)
- Editor-at-large, Journal Intelligent & Robotic Systems (2009- present)
- Associate Editor, Control Engineering, Chinese Version (2017-present)
- Guest Editor, IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica, 2016
- Guest Editor, IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics: Systems, 2015
- Guest Editor, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letter, 2017
- Associate Editor, Journal of Control Theory and Application (2013-2016)
General Chair/Technical Program Committee
- Program Chair, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics & Mechatronics (IEEE ARM 2017)
- General Chair, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics & Mechatronics (IEEE ARM 2016)
|Advanced Control of Wheeled Inverted Pendulum Systems||Zhijun Li, Chenguang Yang, and Liping Fan||Springer, London, 2012|
|Fundamentals in Modeling and Control of Mobile Manipulators||Zhijun Li, Shuzhi Sam Ge||CRC Press, 2013|
|Intelligent Networked Teleoperation Control||Zhijun Li, Yuanqing Xia, and Chun-Yi Su||Springer, July, 2015|
Selected Journal Papers
- Zhijun Li, Yu Kang, Zhiye Xiao, Human-Robot Coordination Control of Robotic Exoskeletons by Skill Transfers, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 5171-5181, JUNE 2017
- Zhijun Li, Suna Zhao, Jiding Duan, Chun-Yi Su, Chenguang Yang, Xingang Zhao, Human Cooperative Intelligent Wheelchair with Brain Machine Interaction Based on Shared Control Strategy, IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 22, no. 1, 2017, pp. 185 – 195
- Zhijun Li, Zhicong Huang, Wei He, Chun-Yi Su, Adaptive Impedance Control for an Upper Limb Robotic Exoskeleton Using Biological Signals, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 2, Feb. 2017, pp. 1664-1674.
- Zhijun Li, Chenguang Yang, and Etinne Burdet, An Overview of Biomedical Robotics and Bio-mechatronics Systems and Applications, IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics：Systems, vol. 46, no. 7, 2016, pp. 869-874.
- Zhijun Li, Chenguang Yang, Chun-Yi Su, Jun Deng, and Weidong Zhang, Vision-Based Model Predictive Control for Steering of a Nonholonomic Mobile Robot, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 24, no. 2, 2016, pp. 553-564.
- Zhijun Li, Hanzhen Xiao, Chenguang Yang, Yiwen Zhao, “Model Predictive Control of Nonholonomic Chained Systems Using General Projection Neural Networks Optimization”, IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics：Systems, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1313 – 1321, Oct. 2015.
- Zhijun Li, Chun-Yi Su, Liangyong Wang, Zitingng Chen, Tianyou Chai, “Nonlinear Disturbance Observer Design for a Robotic Exoskeleton Incorporating Fuzzy Approximation, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 5763–5775, Sep. 2015.
- Zhijun Li, Chenguang Yang, Chun-Yi Su, Shuming Deng, Fuchun Sun, Weidong Zhang, Decentralized Fuzzy Control of Multiple Cooperating Robotic Manipulators with Impedance Interaction, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 23, no. 4, 2015, pp. 1044 – 1056.
- Zhijun Li, Chun-Yi Su, Guanglin Li, and Hang Su, Fuzzy Approximation-based Adaptive Backstepping Control of an Exoskeleton for Human Upper Limbs, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 23, no. 3, 2015, pp. 555 – 566
- Zhijun Li, Yuanqing Xia, Fuchun Sun, Adaptive Fuzzy Control of Multilateral Cooperative Teleoperation for Multiple Robotic Manipulators under Random Time Delays, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 22, no. 2, April 2014, pp. 437-450.